Saturday, November 25, 2006

Avoid this book like the plague!



Ok I am addicted to reading. I will read ANYTHING. I've been known to read the dictionary and my dad's chemistry handbooks if there isn't anything else around. I prefer mysteries, autobiographies, or spiritual books... but I am NOT picky. My least favorite genre is romance. But, I will occasionally read one if one appears in the house. (my whole family reads a LOT so usually there are new books around)

Well yesterday I found myself with no new reading material around so I went to the sun room and someone had left a copy of Prime Time by Sandra Brown. It's a reprint of a book she wrote in 1983. I thought if nothing else it might be amusing. It was the first book in my whole entire life that I threw into the garbage. I was actually embarressed to have read it. It made me nauseous at times and furious at others. Which CAN be the signs of a really good book. Not in this case I assure you.

I actually wanted to rip the pages out and shred them but I settled for just throwing the whole damn thing away. I feel like I have done the world a favor by this small act.

Here is a review I found at Amazon.com which is actually much nicer than what I would have written.

"Is she serious?, October 12, 2002
Reviewer: A reader
This is the worst! This novel reminds me of those skinny harlequins I used to read as a teenager. Everything moves too fast here to be real. The hero meets the heroine and supposedly hates her but then starts acting like a jealous lover???
I didn't look at the publication date on this one, but I'm going to assume it's an old Sandra Brown. I'd advise others not to read it."

Never thought I'd actually advocate book burning but this book HAS to go.....