Saturday, December 02, 2006



[A] final comfort that is small, but not cold: The heart is the only broken instrument that works. ~T.E. Kalem

God is closest to those with broken hearts. ~Jewish Saying

Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go. ~Author Unknown

I thought when love for you died, I should die.
It's dead. Alone, most strangely, I live on.
~Rupert Brooke


When love is lost, do not bow your head in sadness; instead keep your head up high and gaze into heaven for that is where your broken heart has been sent to heal. ~Author Unknown

Relationships are like glass. Sometimes it's better to leave them broken than try to hurt yourself putting it back together. ~Author Unknown

If we must part forever,
Give me but one kind word to think upon,
And please myself with, while my heart's breaking.
~Thomas Otway


Bad as I like ye, it's worse without ye. ~Irish Proverb

Ask me why I keep on loving you when it's clear that you don't feel the same way for me... the problem is that as much as I can't force you to love me, I can't force myself to stop loving you. ~Author Unknown

I never knew until that moment how bad it could hurt to lose something you never really had. ~From the television show The Wonder Years

Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love. ~Charlie Brown


I prithee send me back my heart,
Since I cannot have thine;
For if from yours you will not part,
Why, then, shouldst thou have mine?
~John Suckling

Let no one who loves be unhappy... even love unreturned has its rainbow. ~James Matthew Barrie


As soon as forever is through, I'll be over you. ~Toto

Yes, I will go. I would rather grieve over your absence than over you. ~Antonio Porchia, Voces, 1943, translated from Spanish by W.S. Merwin