Monday, February 18, 2008

The alieN


Alice in Wonderland: This illustration is by Arthur Rackham
The Alien
by Lynn S.

Where is he from, some alien nation?
What Frankenstein designed this creation?
For the monster he is, I'd like to give credit.
I'd use other terms, but I'd have to edit.

Just who do I thank for bearing this gift?
If I could find out, the kick would be swift.
I'm not always vengeful or given to spite,
But someone should pay, because he isn't right.

Who cooked up this mess that plopped in my lap?
That's who I would like to pay for this sap.
For all that he's done, who'll pick up the tab?
A monster's not born, he's made in a lab.

So was it a chemist? A genius of sorts?
Perhaps a computer with electrical shorts?
Whatever it was, it won't stake its claim.
But I wouldn't either for something that lame.

His origin's foreign, I don't know the source.
He thinks that his blood is quite royal, of course.
If that be the case, well, then let him eat cake.
But I'm sure that someone has made a mistake.

I still think he's come from an alternate plane,
A place where it's normal to be quite insane.
I wish he'd go back and get new circuitry,
But they probably won't take him without charging...me.



© 2003