Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Uncyclopedia


Uncyclopedia {the content-free encyclopedia that anyone can edit}is a useful resource for not looking things up. Check the article on Alternative Medicine.

Today In History:
On this day...
July 1: Dennis Rodman Appreciation Day (in Canada), Canada Day (in most other countries).
251 - The Goths defeat the Emos at the Battle of OMFG.
1765 - Ireland was liberated from the Indians
1800 - Canada is invented by Kevin Bacon some guy.
1863 - The Battle of Gettysburg begins. Canada sits back and watches.
1867 - Canada does something, but I'm not going to tell you what.
1878 - Canada joins the Universal Postal Union. Galactic Federation stamps cost an arm and 3 legs.
1936 - The Trial of Howard the Duck comes to an end.
1967 - Pamela Anderson born.
1968 - World suffers critical shortages of silicone.
1985 - Battle of Little Bighorn begins. Custer makes last stand, but is totally destroyed by the Nazis
1986 - Hundreds demand refunds as they discover that misprints in their Playboy calendars spell July "Jooly". Millions never notice.
1890 - Canada and Bermuda linked by telegraph cable, but the cable disappeared mysteriously the next day.
1961 - Windemere, a tiny Jew belonging to American writer Ernest Hemingway, committed suicide
1999 - Seven ate Nine
2003 - An old person dies
2006 - Eon8 countdown finishes, leaving everyone's penis size shrunk one inch.
2010 - Kurt Cobain is resurected from the dead by Ozzy Osbourne. Sharon files for divorce.
2036 - Tom Cruise, Oprah Winfrey, and Angelina Jolie lead the world on a war against Xenu.
2046 - After a ten year war, Oprah Winfrey becomes The world's first Oprah (more powerful then a god).

And from the VERY enlightening page on Goths:
Why goths are not emos: A comparison
In order to show the differences between these two often confused species, presented here is a list of comparisons of the two groups.

Goths: "We're not like them, our anguish is real... They're a bunch of wannabes listening to Marilyn Manson and cutting themselves."
Emos: "We're not like them, our anguish is real... They're a bunch of middle-class kids who dress in black. Okay, I am middle-class, but I only to dress in black to hide my self-harm wounds better. Oh, and it expresses my true pain."

Goths: "I'm bisexual and I don't feel my biology should impose on how I define my gender. If you criticize me in any way, it definitely means you didn't understand me. I'm an individual."
Emos: "I'm bisexual and I don't feel my biology should impose on how I define my gender. I'm an individual."

Goths: "Why do you immediately assume that, because I paint my face to look like I'm weeping black tears, lock myself in my room writing pseudo-philosophy and/or poetry on Livejournal all the time about how my sexuality and gender confuses me and how my daddy doesn't understand me and have an obsession with silver Catholic symbols despite being agnostic/pagan/wiccan and like cults and death?"
Emos: "Why do you immediately assume that, because I paint my face to look like I'm weeping black tears, impose anemia on myself, lock myself in my room writing pseudo-philosophy and/or poetry on Myspace all the time about how my sexuality and gender confuses me and how my daddy doesn't understand me, have an obsession with silver Catholic symbols despite being agnostic/pagan/wiccan and like cults and death, I must be sad?"

See? Entirely different with no overlaps. One has to ask how this confusion emerged, one really does.